Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tool #6: Using Web Tools to Promote Discussion in and out of the Classroom

I created a Skype account (Skype name is avilesf126141).  Skype is described as an easy way for teachers to open up their classroom to "meet new people, talk to experts, share ideas and create amazing learning experiences with teachers around the world."After reading this description of the Skype service, I immediately thought of how much fun it would be for my students to talk to experts and share ideas.  I plan on taking full advantage of this feature as a post learning enrichment.  

I also created an account on the online social networking site Twitter.  Twitter enables its users to create and read text based messages up to 140 characters long.   I plan on using Twitter to keep up to date with the latest news and information about topics I am interested in.   I am currently following the Discovery Channel, Steve Wozniak, Spring Branch ISD, MacWorld, Fountas and Pinnel,  Bill Gates and the US Department of Education.  I can't wait to read what Fountas and Pinnell are up to!!  ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment